Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter in Chicago

There is something special about spending Easter Sunday with my family in Chicago. For many, Easter isn't a big deal. It consists of the Easter bunny, chocolate, and hunting for eggs. For us, it is about celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. In my opinion, no one celebrates like College Church in Wheaton. The banners are beautiful. The sermon is meaningful. The children are adorable. And the singing, oh the singing. Every Easter our church breaks out the entire orchestra and everyone sings the Hallelujah Chorus. Even though I can't hit the majority of the notes, I make my joyful noise to the Lord and I feel so happy that I'm convinced I have beams of light shooting out from my fingers. And yes, we still have the Easter baskets and chocolate, and colored eggs. What a wonderful holiday!

1 comment:

An Ami in Berlin said...

I would love to hear the Hallelujah Chorus on Easter Sunday. Wow!!!

Love, Aunt Lyn