Thursday, December 18, 2008

Stupid people

Everyone has those days when they do stupid things. Today was not my day. Instead, today was the day I was surrounded by others having their stupid day. That makes for a very bad day.

I have a very difficult patient who needed a refill on his medication. I e-mailed the psychiatrist yesterday. I spoke with the psychiatrist on the phone yesterday. I sent an alpha page to the psychiatrist yesterday...all three times requesting a refill of the medicine. After speaking with a very angry patient this morning, I e-mailed the psychiatrist again requesting the refill. She responds with something about "I wonder what this patient is thinking and what he really wants." HE WANTS HIS MEDICINE!!! Stupid person number one.

I was supposed to have a cookie exchange at work today. The planner of the exchange wanted to suck up to the bosses and give them cookies too. Since one of the two bosses was leaving early, another cookie exchanger took her cookies and my cookies to the planner to have them delivered before the boss left. The planner assumed the cookie exchange was then over but didn't tell anyone that and didn't bothering showing up to the meeting place. Stupid person number two.

One of the other cookie exchangers showed up to the meeting place for the exchange but hasn't ever been to this meeting place before. Stupid person number three, who has no idea what is going on and isn't involved at all, tells the cookie exchanger that she is probably in the wrong building and sends her next door. Next door tells her they don't know anything about a cookie exchange so she leaves and goes back to the hospital.

In the meantime, I am wasting precious note writing time hanging out at the meeting place for an exchange that no one shows up to. Maybe it was my stupid day after all. I think I need a vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha :o)