Saturday, July 29, 2006

THE WEEK OF TORREY

Chris had a celebration a few weeks ago. It was called THE WEEK OF TORREY. Chris invented it and Chris celebrated it. Of course he brought me along for the ride. It was my birthday on July 19th. It was a Wednesday. It wasn't any big deal...or to me it wasn't. However, Chris has a different spin on birthdays. To him, birthdays are HUGE. Hence the week long celebration.

The celebration began with my mom taking Chris and me out the week before since she was in town and would be back home by the time my birthDAY rolled around. It was then, in the restaurant parking lot at the top of his voice, that Chris declared THE WEEK OF TORREY having begun.

The following Monday Chris surprised me by setting up appointments for my best girlfriend and me to have a facial and a head massage at a spa in town. It was incredible. What guy thinks of setting up an appointment and then think of inviting your best friend along? That's right. No one...except my amazing husband.

On Tuesday Chris took me out for sushi which is one of my favorite foods next to chocolate, pizza, and my mom's oyster sauce chicken wings. After dinner he took me to the mall so I could go shopping and buy a dress of my choice. Again, what guy does that?

Wednesday was the real deal. It was my official birthday. If you were to ask me, a great birthday celebration consists of going out to eat and having the people close to you call and tell you Happy Birthday. A card of two also helps. :) My mom and sister called. My dad's call is encompassed in my mom's call. My brother's card and gift arrived on my actual b-day and two co-workers remembered it was my birthday. Not half bad if you ask me. For Chris, not good enough. He made me blueberry pancakes for breakfast and stashed a card in the dash of my car for me to find. He also took me to the Melting Pot which is an amazing way to ingest 5000 calories and walk out feeling like your skin won't stretch over your organs. It was a great day. It was a great birthday. But sadly, it was over. Or was it?

The following day Chris dropped my car off at the paint shop as my final surprise to my birthday. He had the hood of my car painted. I was in a car accident about 6+ months ago and had my hood replaced with a spare part. The spare hood had never been painted so was black. I liked to describe my car as a two toned ghetto machine. Chris had decided it was time for his wife to stop driving a ghetto machine. It was extremely thoughtful and was very exciting when I was able to pick up my one toned car and drive it home.

Yes, I think I have the best husband in the world. The only problem is, what the heck am I going to do for his birthday?

1 comment:

Grammie Jan said...

Dang, but I have an amazing and wonderful son-in-law.

But -- hey, I have an amazing and wonderful daughter, so it all fits together perfectly.

Thank you, Lord!