Sunday, September 17, 2006

In sickness and in health

Being sick is never fun. I don't care how much complaining I am allowed to do or how much I am babied by my husband, I would still rather be healthy. Since school is back in session, I have had my fair share of less than healthy days recently. About a week into school I woke up during one of my precious Saturday mornings with a fever. The fever lasted only a day but the sore throat/cold lasted a full week. My cough lasted two and a half weeks. By the time I gave the virus to Chris and he was getting over it, my cough was just about over.

Now that school has been in session for just over a month, I am sick again. No fever this time but the cold/head and chest congestion is so awful that I would almost rather have the fever. The cough has returned but not as bad as last time so maybe it will be gone before I give this new virus strain to Chris.

So this is what it means when they say, "in sickness and in health." The "until death due us part" must also have encompassed when I hocked up a luggie while on a walk during brief moments when I didn't want to exchange my body for someone else earlier this afternoon. Poor Chris saw me bend over towards the side walk and I'm sure was concerned I was going to throw up or something equally revolting when I spit out what felt like a golf ball sized wad of phlem. It was nasty but boy I felt better.

I'm hoping that I will be cured in a few days and that maybe, just maybe Chris won't get sick although he has already started sneezing.

Ah, wedded bliss.

1 comment:

CuzNuz Ruth said...

A Home Remedy: A teaspoon of honey mixed with a teaspoon of lemon juice drank right down. Sure helped me a few weeks back. Honey soothes the throat and the lemon juice cut the phlegm.