Sunday, August 19, 2007

Couch

For the last few months Chris has been complaining about our couch. He seems to think it sags in the middle and swears it would be better if we had gotten a shorter couch. We even looked at couches at Costco today. Of course it isn't in the budget and won't be for a looong time. Chris hates the couch so much he said he would torch it and pee on it if given the opportunity. That is severe dislike for an object if you ask me...which you didn't...but it is my blog so I can write what I want.

Anyway, we overturned the cushions on the couch looking for something earlier today. It was then that we noticed a broken board. More accurately, make that a board snapped in two. Chris and I then started to recall a particularly delightful evening where we took the advice of Uncle Rob, the wonderful man who married us. As Chris and I were driving off to our hotel the night of our wedding, Uncle Rob told us that the best cure for a bad headache is... well... ...ya know... um... ...sex!!

No wonder the couch has been sinking for the last few months. Oops. But what a memorable night that was. Of course Chris and I kept asking each other why we didn't look at the couch the night we broke it. I reminded him we were a bit preoccupied.

My parents broke a bed. We broke our couch. We are official!

2 comments:

Grammie Jan said...

How funny!!!

RCO said...

Congratulations!!!

Uncle Rob ;o)