Thursday, February 15, 2007

V-Day

Valentine's Day is easy to hate when you are single. In fact, it is almost COOL to hate it when you are single and a woman. By hating it we pretend the lack of gifts, attention, and love doesn't really bother us when in fact, it really really bothers us. I used to be one of those woman...and then I met Christopher.

I now love Valentine's Day. It has nothing to do with the flowers, jewelry, or chocolate and everything to do with the date on the calendar. Feb 14, 2004 was the day I knew I had met the man I was going to marry. I arrived at Christopher's apartment and there was a red and pink construction paper heart on the front door. In blue crayon was written that after walking inside, I would discover all the things Chris loves about me. I opened the door and found that the room was full of candles. Under each of the 25 candles was a smaller heart. On each heart, written in the same blue crayon, was something Chris loves about me. It was the most romantic gesture anyone has ever done for me.

I told Chris last night over dinner that three years ago when I was reading those hearts, I knew I was in love with him before I reached the final heart. I also knew I wanted to marry him.

I'm not sure why Chris and I have been blessed with such a wonderful marriage but I thank God every day for it.

I love you Christopher.

2 comments:

Grammie Jan said...

And one of my most special memories is getting your phone call when I was in Charlotte with your comment: "Are you sitting down? I've met the man I'm going to marry!"

That coming on the Christmas heels of me thinking I needed to buy you the book, "He's Just Not That Into You."

Christopher certainly knew how to play it cool.....how blessed we all are to have him in our family.

Anonymous said...

i am the most blessed man alive...that is for sure. thank you baby