Friday, July 13, 2007

Self care

I am sitting at the kitchen table thinking about how I really need to be studying for a license exam that is coming up. I have a few minutes before I leave for my 8:30 doctor's appointment and think I will use the time wisely by pulling out my review material. I have taken a bunch of sample tests but haven't spent much time actually studying which I am guessing might help me on both the sample test and the real exam.

Sadly, the computer seems to be crying louder for my attention than my exam material so here I sit, still not studying but writing which I find much more enjoyable. Isn't that self care? Isn't that what my boss is always talking about? "Don't forget self care Torrey. I don't want you burned out." Then again, I also consider checking people.com once or twice a day to be self care. Self care is very important.

Perhaps when I am done with my self care I will start to study...

Self care might take a long time.

2 comments:

Grammie Jan said...

Self care is VERY important on Friday the Thirteenth.

Very important.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.