Sunday, July 29, 2007

Birthday shoes

I love shoes. I loves shoes a lot. There is a feeling of fullness and satisfaction that comes from purchasing a great pair of shoes. I have that feeling right now times three. I went to my favorite shoe store, DWS, and used the birthday money my mom and sister gave me to find three amazing steals. I spent the entire time in the clearance section of the store and couldn't believe my luck. (Clearance is such hit or miss.) I found a pair of cute black dress flats since Chris isn't crazy about heels. I found a pair of Teva's to replace the ones that Chris had to glue back together before our rafting trip and had to be rescued from the river after they fell off of my feet. And I bought a pair of Born sandals which are usually so expensive I wouldn't dream of owning a pair but the sale was irresistible. They are all super cute!!

Happy birthday to me and thank you to Mama and Jill!

1 comment:

Grammie Jan said...

$$ is such a great gift when you are a bit older -- always the right size, right color, and right store. And you can feel so JUSTIFIED spending it on YOU because it is YOUR birthday gift.

Gift cards are very similar. They look good, feel good, fit just right....

But now that I'm old, I like presents.

Or gift cards.

Or money.

Wrap a pencil -- I'll be happy. But make sure it is either purple or pink.