Sunday, October 14, 2007

Lonely thoughts

God knew I wasn't mean to live alone. God gave me roommates in college. He gave me apartment-mates after college. Then God gave me a husband. Never have I had to live alone. Well, Chris left this afternoon for Detroit. I promptly left with a girlfriend to watch the Bears game at a sports bar. I figured it was a way to take my mind off of Chris leaving. The Bears lost in the final seconds of the game with the Vikings kicking a field goal. Not a good start to the evening.

I got home and called my sister. Voicemail.

I called an old friend from Wheaton who had left a message two days ago. He and his fiance broke up.

I lit candles in every room, turned on music, and started cleaning. The dishwasher is empty. The dust is gone. The washing machine is running.

Here I sit...next to the cat who won't sit with me because he prefers Chris' lap to my lap. I think he misses Chris too.

Since I got home from the Bears game it has gotten dark. The music on my iPod all seems melancholy. The only light in the house is the glow of the candles and the computer screen.

I think I need a hobbie...

In the meantime, here are a few more pictures of our trip to Denver.



2 comments:

Grammie Jan said...

You COULD have called your mother.

In a moment of true desperation, she is always (well, almost always...well, two weeks out of four...well....)there for you.

Grammie Jan said...

OK, while she may not be there in PERSON, she is ALWAYS there in THOUGHT.

Loving you!!