Thursday, December 27, 2007

The best Christmas Ever!

It wasn't about the gifts...although they certainly were nice...lots of shirts for work, workout clothes to inspire me to continue to go to the gym, and almost everything you can imagine with the Chicago Bears emblem. Chris' Indianapolis Colts were given a nod with a Colts scarf and Colts cups from my mom and a Colts football from me to Chris.

The holiday was spent doing nothing more than relaxing and spending quality time with family. We played Dominos (yes, it is a real game), put together most of a mystery puzzle, and played a new board game called Therapy. We laughed, told stories, and laughed some more. Oh yeah, and we also ate.

The only moment that brought sadness was saying goodbye to Tim, my brother, who is leaving for North Africa for two years to be a missionary. I'm not one for lengthy goodbyes and I don't think Tim is either. I gave him a hug and told him I loved him. It was quite possibly the most heartfelt "I love you" I have ever given him. And then I walked out the door. I didn't want him to see me starting to cry. I will miss him but I couldn't be more proud of him.

An emotional Christmas indeed.

1 comment:

Grammie Jan said...

And reading this made ME cry. It is going to be so hard saying goodbye on Sunday. Well, not "goodbye" actually, but "God's blessing and Godspeed."

Daddy and I had THE most wonderful Christmas too. And I DO like Dominos!! Thank you for teaching it to us. Next time it will be a 500 piece puzzle, I promise!