Sunday, November 11, 2007

Sapporo Ichiban

Chris and I were at the grocery store this evening...and for the third time today I might add. Granted the second of three visits wasn't our fault. On the first visit, the pharmacy failed to actually put my medicine in the bag I didn't think to check prior to arriving home. When I called, they informed me that a second visit would be necessary. The third visit was when Chris realized we didn't have an ingredient for the satee burgers he was making tonight.

As we were looking for the hard to find ingredient, I came across a childhood memory. When I was a kid, my mom would visit the local Asian Mart and buy a large box of Sapporo Ichiban. It was a household staple and a favorite of everyone in the family. Sapporo Ichiban is a good tasting version of Ramen noodles. It is a bit pricier costing $.59 a package compared to $.13. $.46 never tasted so good!

When I saw it, I KNEW we had to buy it. Chris said he had never experienced Sapporo Ichiban so I couldn't wait for him to try it. And of course, in true "I have the best husband ever" fashion, Chris loved it.

Childhood memories are the best!

1 comment:

Grammie Jan said...

Yup -- it is absolutely the best!!

Your grandmother would agree.