Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

It is early Thanksgiving morning and I have much to be thankful for. Unlike many friends, I have a loving husband and a good marriage. I have parents and siblings who care about one another and support each other. Chris and I are able to afford a cozy house filled with candles and music and regularly have food on the table. This is much more than many.

I spent months in a career crisis with no direction. I was unhappy with my current job but couldn't seem to land a job anywhere else. I was questioning my desire to practice social work. I finally landed a few job interviews and as the saying goes, "When it rains, it pours."

I was offered a position at a brand new beautiful hospital as the oncology social worker. I already work on call for the hospital one to two weekends a month. Then I was offered a job with the VA hospital where Chris works. Finally, I received a call from a well known attachment therapist who asked if I would join his private practice and eventually take over his practice when he retired in a few years. After talking with Chris, my parents, and God, I decided to accept the position at the VA. I start on Monday.

On a day when we are supposed to spend time contemplating all we have been blessed with and give thanks to God, He has made it especially easy this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Torrey YAY about your job! I'm excited for you.